Urgent care costs can be very problematic to handle. It is often said that your health is an investment, not an expense. But do you realize the jarring reality hidden in these words? If you don’t, then read on; this article will change your mind towards this foremost investment and risk-if you ignore it, to which most of us keep our eyes shut.
Healthcare can be very expensive, especially in the US, where healthcare costs can be a deadweight. But it is always wise to swallow a hard pill while you still can; believe me, hospital bills are the last thing you want to deal with while sitting in the emergency room, having a couple of broken bones and teeth. Having the right insurance plan is like having a buddy do your assignments. It could be a lifesaver when it comes to piling hospital bills and routine screenings as well.
Top 3 Amazing Benefits of Health Insurance
- Health Insurance: A Shock Fighter
An accident won’t arrive with a bell on its neck! That is where health insurance comes in handy. It covers the rainy days from ambulance bills to hospital dues when misfortune arrives. Having a good insurance plan deprives you of financial stress, which allows you to focus only on your recovery.
- If Urgent Care Costs are Managed with Insurance It Can Mitigates the surprise of Illness
Yup, that’s right! Apart from dealing with your treatment costs, health insurance also covers your routine preventive checkups and screenings. This enables you to diagnose any illness as soon as possible, saving you from the worst of it.
Many health insurance plans also include the costs of:
- Custom checkups
- Screenings and labs
These preventive measures will help you to reduce the chance of acquiring a larger illness.
- Health Insurance Ensures A Safe and Healthy Future
Health insurance plans also manage the costs of chronic and life-threatening conditions such as heart diseases, kidney failure, stroke, paralysis, etc. Upon diagnosis of any such illness, you get a round sum amount that helps you get through your hospitalization and treatment charges, monthly premiums, depending upon the proposed policy of your health insurance plan.
Why is Health Care Insurance Important? Facts and Figures!
Now let’s get into the stats to see how health insurance really is a better alternative to managing hospital dues individually.
- A simple consultation visit to urgent care cost without insurance can cost $80-280 for simple visits, $140 to $440 for advanced visits , and a physician care visit can cost between $300-$600. However, having insurance can make these visits almost half the cost versus the full price when you don’t have insurance.
- Now, speaking of your ride to the ER, the average cost of an ambulance, depending upon the mileage, costs anywhere between $400-1200.
- Medical screenings, from simple blood tests to X-rays and MRI, the cost ranges from a hundred to 5000 dollars.
- Coming towards the actual treatments, the costs depend particularly upon your disease and the medication or surgery needed. A wisdom tooth removal costs $175 without insurance, the average cost of surgeries ranges from $15000 to $25000, and other injuries cost $2103 to be treated in the ER.
- Moreover, an overnight hospital stay would cost on average $2,607 per day!
Hospital expenses can bulk up quite quickly, costing an arm and a leg. However, with the right insurance plan, these expenses can be reduced to almost half or even more!
To put it concisely, a plant you water grows little by little into a tree giving fruit and shelter; that’s how Health Insurance works! It is the best investment you could make to safeguard you and your family’s health because, after all, good health is the most inestimable asset one could have!